Ennis, Montana - The Heart of Fly Fishing Country
The Madison River Valley is home to majestic mountains encircling one of the most famous fly fishing waters in the world, the Madison River. Tourism has become an important part of the economy centered around trout fishing, as well as travelers heading to and from Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. Wildlife also is abundant with big game filling the valley floor during winter and dispersing into the lush mountain meadows for summer.
Ennis, Montana Lodging
Ennis is full of great lodging options. From Montana elegance to rustic cabins, we have an option that will make you happy. All local lodging operations are independently owned and are centered on customer service and comfortable accommodations. Give us a call we can point you to the local option that best fits your desires.
- El Western Cabins & Lodges – About 1 mile from the shop. By far the best lodging in Ennis.
- McAllister Lodging – About 5 miles from town. A great option with a world-class steak house.
- Lure Me Inn – About 1 mile from the shop. Our guests’ favorite spot to stay.
- Riverside Lodge – Just down the street and near the river.
- Lake Shore Lodge – About 9 miles from the shop.
Ennis, Montana Dining
Ennis has a variety of dining options. Great breakfast spots, elegant dinners, and quick lunches of burgers and beer are all available.
- Tavern 287 – Right next door to the fly shop and some great food.
- Gravel Bar – Just down the street.
- Alley Bistro – About half a mile from the shop.
- Sportsman’s Lodge Restaurant and Casino – About half a mile from the shop.
- McAllister Steak House – A short 5 miles from town is the best steak house in the area.
- Ennis Pharmacy – Across the street from the fly shop and the go-to breakfast place for Ennis.