The Tackle Shop
The Tackle Shop Core Values
- We believe our work changes people’s lives by connecting them to Montana Outdoors.
- All business we do will be relationship and not transactional based.
- We foster a culture of accountability where we hold each other accountable and strive for excellence in everything we do.
- We are relentless and bring urgency to every task.
- We are resilient and always the hardest worker in the room.
- We treat each other and our customers with honesty in every situation.
- Our success is defined by how much we serve others.
- We give where we live. We donate money but more important our time to organizations that share our values.
- Our greatest assets are the team and Montana and we will protect and enhance both.
Named the 2017 Orvis Fly Fishing Outfitter of the Year, The Tackle Shop is southwest Montana’s oldest fly fishing shop, serving fly fisherman on the Madison River and across Montana since 1937. We are not your average guide shop–we focus on having fun while sharing our connection with Montana and all that we love with others.
For more than 85 years, fly fishermen have been walking through the same door in Ennis to find the latest in fishing tackle and the hot fly of the day. National and regional recognition of The Tackle Shop began in the ’70s and has continued to present day as the shop has been the subject of several publications and television shows.Our History
The Fly Shop
Today, The Tackle Shop remains a landmark in the fly fishing industry and home to Madison River fly fishing enthusiasts from around the world. Orvis became a part of the shop in 1983 and the shop became an Orvis Endorsed store in 1991. Since then, the shop has remained an Orvis Authorized Dealer and Orvis Endorsed Outfitter.Our Fly Shop
Ennis Area Information
The Madison River Valley has an agricultural-based economy with a rich tradition of cattle ranching dating back to the late 1800s. In the north end of the Madison Valley lies the small community of Ennis, Montana. While Ennis is a small sleepy town in the winter, it jumps to life as the Montana fly fishing season starts.Ennis Area Information
Photo & Video Gallery
Check out photos and video from our guided fly fishing trips on the Madison River and other area waters. From beautiful scenery to majestic wildlife to trophy trout, you are definitely going to want to have your camera ready.View Gallery