Guides and Instruction Rates
Madison River and Ennis Lake
Full Day Float for 2 Anglers $565.00
Full Day Float for One Angler $550.00
Full day trips include all the flies, rods, reels, waders and boots you may need and also include the best streamside lunch on the river. We are all inclusive so leave the worry behind and just show up and fish.
Half day float fishing 1-2 anglers $415.00
Half day trips include all the flies, rods, reels, waders and boots you may need for a fun day on the water. A hearty snack and drinks are provided.
Wade fishing 1-2 anglers $565.00
Missoula Area and Missouri
Full Day Float Fishing 1-2 Anglers $565.00
Spring Special--Full day Guided Fishing for Two Between March 1 & April 30
Full Day Float Fishing 1-2 Anglers $400.00
Beaverhead River, Big Hole River, Jefferson River
Full day float fishing 1-2 anglers $565.00
3 day package- per angler $825.00
2 wade, 1 float, 3-4 anglers,
5 day package- per angler $1,375.00
3 wade, 2 float, 3-4 anglers
Booking and Cancellation Policy
At the time of booking we require a $150.00 non-refundable deposit. We will charge your credit card at the time of booking for the initial $150.00 deposit and hold your credit card number on file to be used to complete the transaction at the time the remainder is due. The Balance is due the day of your trip.
Cancellation more than 14 days prior to the first day of your trip will relieve you of any obligation to pay the remaining amount and your trip will be canceled. Cancellation of your trip within 14 days prior to the first day of your trip is non-refundable. At the sole option of The Tackle Shop, and in extreme circumstances, your payment may result in the application of your payment to a rescheduled day(s) or refund of all or part of the amount.
Tips and Gratuities
Trip prices do not include tips or gratuities for the guide. Our guides work hard and provide excellent service and tips are appreciated.
Suggested Equipment and Packing List
The Tackle Shop recommends the following items that you may purchase at the shop or bring your own. If you want to purchase new tackle for your trip it is recommended that you call us prior to your arrival so we can have it ready for you when you arrive. Terminal tackle such as flies, floatant, leaders, etc, should be purchased once you arrive at the shop in order to make sure your have the local and most current choices.
Recommended Equipment and Items:
- 8'6" to 9'6" fly rod in either a 5, 6 or, 7 weight with floating weight forward line.
- Layered clothing (cool mornings and evenings, warm afternoons), rain gear, hat
- Lightweight breathable waders if fishing in spring or fall
- Boat shoe or sandals. Summer fishing we wet wade. Make sure you do not mind getting them wet.
- Polarized sunglasses-these are super important.
- Eyeglasses retainer.
- Sunscreen and lip balm (the sun can be very strong)
- A hat with a brim. Either a full coverage or a ball cap with a significant brim.
- Buff- for sun and wind protection
- Rain Jacket- A must no matter what time of year.
- Montana fishing license: You can buy your license at the shop or online before you arrive at https://app.mt.gov/Als/Index. If you prefer to buy your license while here you'll need your Social Security Number and Drivers License (or other photo I.D.). Montana Fish and Game requires a SS # and a drivers license or photo I.D. for anyone purchasing a fishing license.
If you have specific equipment and fly rod questions, please contact us at 800-808-2832 and our experienced staff will be glad to answer any questions to help make your fishing adventure memorable.