Ennis, Montana - The Heart of Fly Fishing Country
The Madison River Valley is home to majestic mountains encircling one of the most famous fly fishing waters in the world, the Madison River. Tourism has become an important part of the economy centered around trout fishing, as well as travelers heading to and from Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. Wildlife also is abundant with big game filling the valley floor during winter and dispersing into the lush mountain meadows for summer.
Just a short drive straight up US-287 N about 7 miles from the shop, the McAllister Inn awaits with 10 nicely appointed rooms for lodging after a long day fishing on the river. Kick back, relax and unwind in either a king room or double queen suite before your next day’s adventure on the water.
Other lodging options:
- Silvertip Lodge – Just down the street
- El Western Cabins & Lodges – About 1 mile from the shop
- Lure Me Inn – About 1 mile from the shop
- Riverside Lodge- Just down the street and near the river
- Lake Shore Lodge – About 9 miles from the shop
The McAllister Steakhouse and Bar is the perfect place to refuel with yummy starters like chicken wings or to indulge in a crispy walleye sandwich. Wash it all down with a great selection of wines, cocktails, bourbon and beer. Then, top it all off with one of the house-made desserts.
Other dining options:
- Long Branch Saloon – Right next door
- Gravel Bar – Just down the street
- Alley Bistro – About half a mile from the shop
- Sportsman’s Lodge Restaurant and Casino – About half a mile from the shop
- McAllister Steak House- A short 5 miles from town is the best steak house in the area
- Tavern 287- Right next to the Fly Shop